Skip to main content

Full text of "Los Angeles City Council District 1 Emails About 1330 W Pico Blvd"

See other formats

Re: Cedillo Motion - 1330 W. Pico Blvd.

Subject: Re: Cedillo Motion - 1330 W. Pico Blvd.

From: Gerald Gubatan <gerald.gubatan@lacity.org>

Date: 6/5/18, 10:57 AM

To: "Alfred Fraijojr." <afraijo@sheppardmullin.com>

CC: "Fernando J. Guerra" <FG@deaztlangroup.com>, Lauren Chang
<lchang@sheppardmullin.com>, Joel Miller <jmiller@psomas.com>, Lali
DeAztlan <Lali@deaztlangroup.com>

FYI we will proceed with the Motion as originally written and keep the Item on
Wednesday's Council Agenda, Item #13. I consulted our Chief Legislative
Analyst's office and the Planning Department is attempting to "wordsmith" the
language but the Motion is clearly a Council-initiated General Plan Amendment,
so we would like to proceed as is and have the Council act on it on Wed. Gerald

Gerald G. Gubatan

Senior Planning Deputy

Office of Council Member Gilbert Cedillo

Council District 1

City Hall, Room 460

Los Angeles, CA 90012

Tel: 213.473.7001
q erald.qubatan(alacitv.orq

http://cdl.lacitv.org/

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 8:10 PM, Alfred Fraijo Jr. < afraiio@sheppardmullin.com >
wrote:

Thank you, Gerald. We appreciate the revised language and support its
introduction. Please note two minor typos (change "initiates" to "initiate” and
add "the” after change; see revision below).

I THEREFORE MOVE that the City Council initiates a General Plan Amendment to
change the land use designation from Commercial Manufacturing to Regional Center
Commercial to allow a floor area ratio of 6:1, a Vesting Zone Change and Height District
Change from CM-l-HPOZ and CM-1 to C2-2, and Sign District with respect to the site
located at 1330 West Pico Boulevard and 1308-1346 South Albany Street and the area
generally bounded by Olympic Boulevard to the north, Albany Street to the west, Pico
Boulevard to the south, and the 110 Freeway to the east.

I FURTHERMORE INSTRUCT that the Department of City Planning, in consultation with
Council District 1, prepare for consideration all the necessary documentation, including
any required Resolution and Ordinance with respect to this site.

1 of 5

3/1/20, 8:02 AM

The Planning Department has asked us to substitute this language FYI:

I THEREFORE MOVE that the City Council initiates a General Plan Amendment to
change land use designation from Commercial Manufacturing to Regional Center
Commercial to allow a floor area ratio of 6:1, a Vesting Zone Change and Height District
Change from CM-l-HPOZ and CM-1 to C2-2, and Sign District with respect to the site
located at 1330 West Pico Boulevard and 1308-1346 South Albany Street and the area
generally bounded by Olympic Boulevard to the north, Albany Street to the west, Pico
Boulevard to the south, and the 110 Freeway to the east.

I FURTHERMORE INSTRUCT that the Department of City Planning, in consultation with
Council District 1, prepare for consideration all the necessary documentation, including
any required Resolution and Ordinance with respect to this site.

Gerald G. Gubatan

Senior Planning Deputy

Office of Council Member Gilbert Cedillo

Council District 1

City Hall, Room 460

Los Angeles, CA 90012

2 of 5